Expert problem solvers
Once your rides are installed, we’re with you for the long haul. With extensive experience in all aspects of the water slide, our knowledgeable customer support specialists provide:
- Expert advice on operations and maintenance to maximize safety, efficiency, ride performance and durability;
- Guidance on refurbishing and retrofitting water slides;
- Real-time diagnostics on select rides – an industry-first!
- Replacement parts;
- Staff training;
- TSSA Certified Mechanic;
- Declaration of Maintaining Contractor/Mechanic for Amusement Devices.
Dedicated to your success
At Canadian Pools, we feel like our customers are family. A huge part of creating lifelong partnerships is offering great customer care. Our team:
- Goes above and beyond to help every customer;
- Collaborates closely with your maintenance and operations teams;
- Many of our projects involve complete restoration of waterslides, often limited to the fiberglass components, but sometimes including the structural steel or concrete components as well. We have spent an incredible amount of time and energy in perfecting the preparation and application processes, as well as the selection of coatings.
- High quality finishes withstand punishing chlorinated water and UV rays.
- Precisely-fitted components eliminate leaks and minimize damage to boats.
- Typically we will recommend a restoration plan using a series of photos, although in some cases a site visit is necessary.
During interior restoration, the basic steps are as follows:
- All seams are cut out to remove old sealant and allow coatings to flow in, helping to seal the expansion joint. All seams are then a consistent thickness, allowing deeper sealant penetration, eliminating leaks and sealant failure.
- All surfaces are carefully inspected for defects (deep scratches, weak areas, chips, gouges) and repaired as necessary.
- Surfaces are meticulously prepared to ensure coating adhesion, smoothness, and flawless appearance. Interior surfaces are always sanded before recoating, and soluble salts are chemically removed for maximum adhesion and longevity.
- Seams are re-caulked using marine grade special high density none shrink sealant , and when completed, all leaks will be permanently sealed.
- Entire surface is carefully inspected and lightly sanded to ensure a flawless finish.
- In the process of interior recoating, ride quality is dramatically improved, as seams that may have been previously poorly aligned are sanded to smooth transitions between slide sections.
In the case of the exterior restoration of an indoor slide, fiberglass flange hardware will almost always be replaced; and the same is true of some outdoor slides. Canadian Pools offers complete color matching, or your choice of color changes. There are virtually no limitations in terms of color selection.
Clear coating is available for the restoration of translucent slides and the occasional conventional gelcoat slide.
Although a large percentage of Canadian Pools work results from a lack of proper upkeep, we feel that the best investment is on preventative maintenance, a little at a time. Aquatic play features require regular upkeep just like any other large, expensive item, and it is usually less expensive to maintain than to refurbish.
Most slides only require maintenance every other year. However, slides that experience higher use or are located indoors usually can benefit from annual or even semiannual maintenance visits.
Maintenance contracts are customized to the specific needs of each client. A typical maintenance contract includes the following:
- Repair of any chips, scratches, or other blemishes on interior slide surface.
- Complete wet sanding and high speed buffing of interior slide surface to eliminate mineral buildup, scratches, and fading gel coat. Usually this restores slide to a like-new condition and appearance.
- Pressure washing of exterior of slide and support structure.
- Inspection and necessary tightening of all slide and support structure hardware.
- Minor repairs to decking- replacement of corroded decking fasteners.
- Waxing as needed on slide interior
- A Complete Slide inspection Report for your records, which will include any recommended work for later visits, and recommendations for operational changes.
Slide maintenance is equally effective when completed in the fall as in the spring. In fact, a recently maintained slide will handle the inclement weather better than one that has just gone through an entire season without any work completed.